Let's switch to first person.
ContactYou can reach me at email@example.com.
TriviaHere's a handy list for getting to know me better:
- I write speculative fiction. (See Folly's Fiction for published stories.)
- Folly Blaine is a pseudonym. My real name is Christy, but I'll answer to both.
- Folly Blaine came out of a dream I had in my teens. I woke repeating, "Folly Blaine is a flower," and with the strong conviction that "Folly Blaine was famous, but no one knew who I was." I ultimately decided to use it as a pen name because Folly Blaine is infinitely more memorable and web searchable than my legal name.
- I attended the Clarion West Writers Workshop in Seattle, WA, during the summer of 2014.
- I narrate stories and novels. As the former Podcast Manager for EveryDayFiction.com, I was responsible for narrating, or working with a guest narrator, to post a new podcast every Monday. Currently, I narrate novels and novellas for audiobook distribution through ACX--iTunes, Amazon, and Audible.
- I keep a photoblog at On Focus Photo.
- I read a lot. (See Folly Blaine's Book Emporium for recommendations.)
- I love to travel. In 2008, I visited Tokyo. In 2010, I went to Paris, Prague, and Rome. In 2012, I went to Salou, Tarragona, and Barcelona in Spain, and Madeira, Portugal.
- I'm a member of Broad Universe and an affiliate member of the Horror Writers Association.
- Sometimes I write plays. Two have been produced in Santa Barbara, California. In 2003, my ten-minute play, Down with Pants, was a finalist for the Actors Theatre of Louisville Heideman Award.
- I started my first online journal on Geocities/CollegePark in 1996.
- I had LASIK in February 2005. Wore glasses for 10 years before that.
- My first job was at Sea World in San Diego, California, as a Park Operations Hostess. I cleaned bathrooms, worked crowd control at Dolphin Stadium/Sea Lion and Otter show/Shark Encounter, and disposed of a lot of cigarette butts.
- One time I shared an armrest with Viggo Mortensen at a ballet. (I sold him the ticket and sat myself next to him.)
- One time John Cleese heard me pee. Possibly. He was outside the door and the walls were thin.
- One time I was in a music video, dancing to Vertical Horizon's song, "You're a God."
- One time I was on a talk show that no one's ever heard of: Stephanie Miller. She asked the live studio audience what member of the OJ trial would you most want to have a conjugal visit with? I jokingly said, "Judge Ito. He makes me feel like a natural woman. I wonder what's under his robe." For some reason they had me say that on the air. You should also know I was wearing a sleeveless denim dress and oversized glasses. Because I'm awesome. And it was 1995.