Thursday, August 23, 2012

The finished greenhouse

You guys sick of gardening pictures yet? I get it, I do, but I feel like I owe you some closure with the whole greenhouse thing.

Last night Jer nailed the grid together for me. Then this morning I filled in the squares.


Top row, from left to right: Tomato, Cucumber, Kale, Jalapeno. Bottom row, from left to right: Carrots, Swiss Chard/Lettuce, Beets, Onions

I expect I planted some of these just to freeze and die in a few weeks, but I'll pretend it's an experiment.


Greenhouse with the bird netting down and the plastic front rolled up

I have a few odds and ends to wrap up outdoors and then I'm into maintenance mode. If this greenhouse thing works out, we'll build a proper raised bed in the yard. And if it doesn't, say I burn out and don't care anymore, then I'll spend more time next year wandering the produce section at the market, overcome with nostalgia.

No comments: