Monday, April 08, 2013

My Latest News Roundup

Last time I checked in I was about to participate in the Broad Universe reading at Norwescon organized by the fabulous Mae Empson. Well, I did, and we had an incredible turnout. It was especially nice to see so many familiar faces there. My friend, Janka, was kind enough to record my reading on my cell phone, but since it's for a story that hasn't been sold yet, I'm not going to post it online.

So Norwescon happened, and it was good.

Then I stumbled onto Jenna Fowler's illustrations for the upcoming anthology, Beast Within 4: Gears and Growls edited by Jennifer Brozek, which includes my story, "The Man at the End of the Chain."

Check out the art for my little capuchin with her metal hand:


Art by Jenna Fowler

Isn't that awesome? Make sure to click through to her web site. All of Jenna's work is top-notch.

You might remember that a month or so back I mentioned I won third place in the String-of-Ten Flash Fiction Chronicles contest? I've been told my 250-word story, "Before the Fireworks," will go up on their site on April 15th, along with an interview--I did the interview over the weekend.

I'm also pleased to report that the podcasting class I taught with Cat Rambo last Wednesday went very well. We had several students and I look forward to listening to their podcasts in the future.

I think the last thing I should mention is that I've registered for a convention and a workshop. I'm excited to share I'll be attending the 2013 Cascade Writers Workshop in Portland, OR, July 25-28. There are still spots left if you want to sign up, too. And I registered for this year's WorldCon, LoneStarCon 3, in San Antonio, TX. Note to self: Add those to the Schedule page.

That's all I got.

No comments: