Friday, March 07, 2014

Cool News

Some cool news.

First, I narrated "Heaven Is A Place On Planet X" by Desirina Boskovich for THE END IS NIGH, the first of three anthologies on the subject of the apocalypse, edited by John Joseph Adams and Hugh Howey. You can listen to the story for free (or download the mp3) at the Drabblecast. Runs an hour.

You guys, this is seriously cool. And an awesome story. I understand that this narration will be included in the audiobook version of this anthology later. But if you'd rather buy a physical or digital copy now, you can buy the anthology at Amazon. I also narrated a story by Jake Kerr called "Wedding Day," for THE END IS NIGH. And I can't wait to share that one as well.

Second, I have a brand new story, "Arkquarium," that will be included in an anthology that's being funded through Kickstarter: THAT AIN'T RIGHT -- A LOVECRAFTIAN-THEMED ANTHOLOGY. The publisher even did an author spotlight on me. So, if you're moved to contribute, there's still about a week left to back this project. One of the backer rewards is a narration of a short story of up to 5,000 words by me.

Third, the first project I've narrated through ACX is now on sale: Hand of Fire: Battle for Magic. I'm really pleased about that. I am also currently narrating a horror novel that's due in about a week and a half to the author.

Fourth, the next "Podcasting Basics" class I'm co-teaching with Cat Rambo is currently planned for the end of April. I need to double check the date before I post it here, but there is one planned.

I think that's everything for now. Hopefully, this update helps explain why my blog has been so quiet lately. Have a great weekend, everyone.

No comments: