Saturday, May 03, 2014

Why the month of May is busy

Hi!

Here it is an overcast Saturday morning after a string of warm dry days. I'm listening to the coffee gurgle in its maker and willing the process to go faster--which is a pretty good metaphor for my life right now.

GO FASTER.

In the next week I am delivering an audiobook to its rights holder for approval, and if all goes well, the audiobook will be available for sale on Amazon, iTunes, and Audible.com within a few weeks. This will be my third project through ACX, and my second narrated novel. This one clocks in at 77k-ish words, but I am still mastering the audio so I do not have an official time length yet. It is fantasy, where the previous novel I narrated was horror.

Narrating audiobooks is fun, but make no mistake, it is a LOT of work.

Because I am ... ambitious --definitely not some other less favorable word-- I have also accepted the great honor of narrating Cat Rambo's two short story collections: Eyes Like Sky and Coal and Moonlight and Near + Far.

Basically my life is all audio, all the time.

I am not complaining! I really really enjoy narrating stories and novels. Let me add in one more "really" to drive the point home. But I am super busy right now, and I feel like I should mention how busy I am for future reference, and why there's a chance I might be slow to return emails.

On the plus side, I received my first royalty statement for the first month of audiobook sales. It isn't much, of course, but I can see how it could add up and that is encouraging. Passive income, here we come.

Lastly, I have carved out some time to attend the World Horror Convention in Portland, OR next week. I will be bringing my laptop and headphones along, so when I am not hanging out or attending con-related activities, I can go hide in my room and master audio, and stay on track.

Optimism -- it's what for breakfast. :) Also coffee.

No comments: