Saturday, January 08, 2005

Auditions

Seven hours after I arrived at the theatre, I was allowed to leave. I watched lots of people perform contemporary one-minute monologues. I didn't ask too many questions. I sat quietly for my part, taking notes, and pretending I knew what I was doing. I tried to look official, and deeply interested.

Here is what I learned today: auditioning is hard. I sure as hell don't want to do it.

The next step is callbacks. If all goes well, my play will be cast by 5pm tomorrow. And if it doesn't go well, then I'll just keep on keepin' on.

As for this intersection of space-time frivolity, the plan of attack requires changing into dry clothes (still raining), curling up somewhere warm (preferably involving pillows), and selecting a good book to keep me company. The plan also involves turning off the Britney Spears' song I'm listening to (Toxic), because it's probably giving me ear cancer.

No comments: