Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Nikon D70 Eyecup

For any fellow D70 owners out there, I found a great article about adding your own eyecup: Rod Barbee's EYECUP FOR NIKON D100, D70 and CANON 10D. I'm here to vouch for it. I ordered the parts from B&H Photo a week ago, and put it all together last night. I absolutely love that I don't have to squint into the viewfinder any longer. It's perfect, so perfect in fact, that I must gush.

For those of us who want the facts, here's what you'll need:

  • Eyepiece Cup Adapter F3HP (Nikon catalog # 2370)
  • Eyecup, Rubber DK-3 FM2/FM (Nikon catalog # 2362)
  • Eyepiece Replacement FM2/FE (Nikon catalog # 2925)
I used the part number to search the B&H site, that was the simplest way. I didn't have any problems putting it together, and it only took an extra few minutes to figure out how to slide the eyecup over the viewfinder. I think it cost about $30 with shipping and tax, but it's worth it to be able to use the depth-of-field preview button.

Happy shooting.

No comments: