Sunday, December 31, 2006

The war against cat hair is ongoing. We spent most of yesterday brushing the cats until we built a cat golem out of fur and set it free in the trash bin. Then I attacked the apartment with a lint brush. And today I forward thrust with the vacuum, filling bag after bag with hair.

Now to clean the bathroom.

It's been a domestic day. We went grocery shopping and now I'm cleaning up, but it doesn't look any cleaner. At least no choking on cat hair for a few days.

I'm listening to Ani DiFranco as I clean. Feels a little wrong, like I'm wasting my aural empowerment on domesticity, but it's keeping me going. Fun fact about me: not fond of the cleaning. It's almost worthwhile for once because it means I'll start the New Year with some shit done and I would like this to set the tone for the year. This is the year I get shit done. For realz.

No comments: