Monday, May 26, 2008

Two Windows and a Password Away

I finally updated my list of links under "blogs i read." It isn't an exhaustive list, but it's better you believe I only read that many instead of the hundreds I actually do. I couldn't decide (still) whether to post Lily's blog, but I have to ask her first and I'm lazy. So, Lily, if you read this one, let me know? E-mail is like, two windows and a password away.

No leaving of the house occurred yesterday. I worked on the photo store and got my photo blog posts together. Here is today's picture:

I took that at the Japanese Garden I mentioned in yesterday's entry. The water photographed with a polarizer as murky green, but a little "Auto Contrast" in PhotoShop helped turn it black. Plus some liberal application of the paintbrush to cover up the detritus in the water, and a wee color boost, and there you are. Took awhile, but I'm happy with the outcome.

The rest of the afternoon was spent updating the store. I replaced the color scheme, created a new logo, and added sub-categories to the picture list. w00t. Later, I ordered some note card prints (and about 5 new 13x19 prints) for the Fremont Fair and bought 2 canvas print racks to replace what I used to display matted prints at the last show.

Is it correct to say "Happy" Memorial Day? I've said it a couple of times and it sounds wrong, like it doesn't imbue the right amount of reverence. But it sounds even worse to say Sad Memorial Day. Or Enjoy Memorial Day. I will have to trust you understand I don't mean: enjoy the fact all those men and women died in military service. No, I don't mean that at all. Have a good 3-day weekend or enjoy your day off, is what I mean.

On the Internet, you can never be too clear.

No comments: