Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

I declared yesterday "All About Me Day." It started with a fresh fruit danish from the bakery and another slow walk to work, practising being present. For the first time I noticed a dirty yellow "Fallout Shelter" sign on the side of a brick building. Not posted in irony.

Work work work.

At lunch I bought myself two Nutty Calf cookies and a small Diet Pepsi. They were out of milk; I improvised.

Work work work.

I needed art supplies so I left work a little early and rode the #11 bus up to Capitol Hill. It dropped me off across the street from the store, I bought my stuff, and then went next door to Six Arms for a basket of cajun tater tots and a couple of pints.

In retrospect I probably shouldn't have eaten all those tots. I felt like a kid who'd had too much at a birthday party.

I rode the #11 down to 3rd and Pike, got a twenty from the ATM, and then walked to the Seattle Art Museum. On first Thursday general admission is free and the special exhibit is only $10. So I bought a ticket and wandered around their Inspiring Impressionism show -- a lot of Renoir, Manet, Monet, Cassatt. My eye was repeatedly drawn to Jean Baptiste Greuze's "Boy Asleep Over His Book."

There was a Renoir in particular I liked, but I can't find the image online.

Then I explored the rest of the museum. Then I bought a smoothie. Then I came home. The end.

I'm rushing the end because Jer just woke up so it's time to eat or something. Yay.

No comments: