Sunday, March 28, 2004

Breakfast of Champions

I ate too many donuts.

There are things to do today. There is work and cleaning and helping boost the economy (by buying books) but I want none of it. The sun is shining and the sky is blue and I'm thinking of drinking a Diet Dr. Pepper to get the morning underway and off. Of course it's not morning, it's afternoon. But I wasted my morning by eating breakfast in a real restaurant and then window-shopping at K-Mart and Borders.

The occasion for eating in a real honest-to-goodness restaurant is this: friends moving, friends getting married, friends buying a house … Q.E.D. not seeing them ever again. Is breakfast appropriate for that sort of situation? We flirted with the idea of bowling, but it was too late, and I was too tired.

And since when I got home I had just a little bit of room left in my insides, I opened the white and red and green cardboard box and ate a Krispy Kreme donut, chocolate stuffed with cream, and now I'm rotund once more.

Yesterday I went to see a play in Los Angeles. I found a wonderful website where I bought a half priced ticket and then drove down to partake, only getting mildly lost.

Sunday is my rest day. I should go to work and make databases and be productive but I don't feel like it. Not yet. I did most of what I needed to do on Cesar Chavez Day, Friday, when I bought new tires, took in the recycling, worked on my holiday for 3 hours, window shopped at Walgreens, cleaned the bathroom and did dishes and picked up the living room, and then I read "Breakfast at Tiffany's."

So now I feel justified in my day of rest. Please let me have it. Please?

No comments: