Saturday, December 16, 2006

The weather continues to be insane. Now it's added windstorm to its repertoire and caused severe power outages in the area. Jer and I escaped the worst, but most of my coworkers have been affected/afflicted with flooding and downed trees and no power. Jer is at work on a Saturday trying to resurrect some servers which didn't fare so well in the weather anarchy. And I am at work because, hey, deadlines.

I have an hour until my bus comes. Public transit is great and all, but damned inconvenient. And it's cold out there. I can't muster anymore energy for clothes shopping even though the best shopping in Seattle is at my fingertips. Poor me.

Since we're flying to California soon to see our families, Jer and I will be celebrating Christmas tonight or tomorrow. Our reasoning is that we want some time to enjoy our gifts before we have to jet off and leave it all behind. I think that's fair.

My knee is better but still hurts on stairs. I can walk in a straight line though, which is excellent news in case of a DUI checkpoint. Which would be sorta random, since I ride the bus. "Everybody off the bus, now! If any of you assholes been drinkin, it's straight to jail wit you."

No, I don't know why my imagination talks like that.

Good news! Jer just called and he's picking me up now. See ya later, sucka fools!

No comments: