Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Crystal Skull

I met Dan Aykroyd tonight in the loosest sense of the word "met." I stood in line at the liquor store for a couple of hours, shook his hand, said "Thank you, Mr. Aykroyd," and left with a signed glass skull filled with vodka.

This was to promote his product, Crystal Head Vodka. It's really a cool little bottle, but I haven't tasted it yet. At 3pm, I found out the signing was at 4pm. I hopped on a bus, walked to the SODO liquor store, found out the whole store had moved, and walked the mile or so to the new location. Then I stood in line for a long time, and then it started to pour down rain. With my treasure in hand I waited on the street for a bus, which came but not before I was drenched from head to toe. Positively drippy.

Pretty much the end.

I would totally do that again though.

No comments: