Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I should already be asleep but I'm not

After work Jer and I drove out to Lynnwood to see the guys responsible for Penny Arcade, and get books signed. We bought the books last Saturday in preparation and to make a trial run in finding the place. New places frighten and confuse me.

We arrived at the comic book store about 5:30pm -- the signing started at 6 -- so we went inside and wandered aimlessly until a few people started a line. Then we joined the line, which eventually became more like a series of concentric circles, and joked with the other nerds standing around about body odor, anime cons, and mac n cheese. I was a little out of place because I wasn't wearing a black shirt with writing on it, but as long as I didn't make any sudden movements, I was accepted into the nerd habitat. Don't worry. What I lack in witty t-shirts I more than make up for with my lame social skills. These are my people.

Long story short: the signing happened, the guys were cool, we ate at Fatburger, and the heavens poured down buckets of wet. Tomorrow I've got to go to some sales thing and be perky before the sun shines. Some people make hay, I'm forced to be perky. So until next time... respect your elders!

No comments: