Tuesday, February 07, 2006

For the past few days, Paul Simon's "The Obvious Child," has been my perfect song. It's in my head when I wake up in the morning and it's the last thing I hear before going to sleep. I find myself singing it ALL the live long day.

Of course last year's perfect song was J-Lo's "Jenny from the Block" (which I still stand behind, because you should never be fooled by the rocks that I got, I'm still, I'm still, Jenny from the block...) so I understand if you eschew this particular bandwagon. But wouldn't the world be a better place if everybody just had a little son and thought we'd called him Sonny?

A few days ago I had my one-year LASIK anniversary. (I think that's the diamond anniversary.) I can still see and my eyes haven't fallen out. So far so good.

Watched "Grizzly Man" on the Discovery channel the other night. Fascinating film. I tell you, I have been dwelling on it. I keep thinking about their final moments, the sound of their screams -- that you never hear except described. Very effective. It was an absolutely well-made film, and worth (mostly) the extra forty minutes of commercials Discovery injected into the mix. It reminded me of "House of Leaves," only completely different. So there you go.

No comments: