Saturday, October 28, 2006

On Thursday night, Jer and I went to hear Regina Spektor at the Moore Theatre. It was an awesome show. She was mostly onstage by herself, but about halfway through a band joined her to do songs from "Begin to Hope." The only thing I didn't like was all the flash photography, which was distracting. Other than that, it was a way better show than Chop Suey. I could see her and the bar was outside the womens' restroom, and it was a great crowd.

This afternoon I went to see the Dead Sea Scrolls at the Pacific Science Center. Then I drank pumpkin ale at the Elysian Brewery. Tasty. It was an interesting exhibit, and I got to see scraps of parchment that constitute the scrolls along with banners indicating translation. The crowd was fairly courteous, and I saw a large map of the planet fall off the wall and narrowly miss hitting a patron. That was cool.

In music news, I'm listening to a lot of Brendan Benson and also Steve Burns.

There are other things I'd rather be doing than sitting here, preparing for an evening at home. But yeah. So it goes.

I am full of words I can't use, which makes updating difficult. In other words, I'm navigating the waters of propriety. And I'm a lousy navigator.

No comments: