Sunday, October 15, 2006

slippery slippery slope

One problem with being stubborn is that I'm perfectly happy to sit and stare at the wall instead of doing what needs to be done. Frankly, I already told me that I'm bored with this and I don't care if it gets done evah. But then the other part of me? The part that's even more stubborn? That part is like, you are not allowed to get up until you get your shit done. And then there's some other voices that suggest compromise. "Say, why don't we update the blog again?" Or, "Let's sort some laundry. Surely THAT'S allowed." Or "You just got paid. You should buy that Toothpaste for Dinner shirt you've been wanting. Heck, buy 4. You deserve it."

I even did sit-ups to get out of working. Sit-ups! And I made breakfast. And I sorted all my laundry, even the dry cleaning stuff.

Stupid stupid stupid. If I just did the work and got it over with I could get up. But I don't wanna do it and you can't make me.

That, in a nutshell, is one problem with being stubborn.

No comments: