Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The number? For evil?

I've been avoiding my computer since I finished my play. First there was World of Warcraft and then there was the trip to San Diego and now I am starting to watch the third season of Dexter. None of my excuses are good.

This New Year's Eve looks to be much like last year. I will probably not see anyone. I will likely fall asleep absurdly early and try not to drool on my pillow. Friday morning I will reach over and make sure my husband made it home. Glamorous!

At the liquor store I picked up a couple bottles of wine in case the urge hits, but drinking alone is so 1999.

I had to leave one bottle behind because the store was crowded, the clerk was frantic, and the bottle didn't scan. An older man, the clerk punched the numbers into the computer, nothing came back, and so he shouted at the back, "Do you have the number for Evil? The number, for Evil, you have it?"

Oh, the eyes on me. The judging. I swear the woman with the three mini bottles of vodka couldn't have looked more disgusted.

That'll show me for picking the Australian Cab.

2 comments:

Maya said...

You seriously crack me up! Happy New Year!

Folly Blaine said...

Thanks, Maya. :)

Happy New Year to you too!