Sunday, July 04, 2010

Happy Independence Day, Plus a Garden Update

This weekend took us to the garden section of Home Depot. I brought home some Moss Rose, pink Gerbera Daisies, Lemon Zest Petunias, Dianthus, Zinnias, some sort of white flowers, BBQ Rosemary, and Sweet Basil. For the indoors I chose a Rubber Tree plant.

We hung pewter colored black-out curtains in the bedroom yesterday so I slept in later than normal, due to not getting blinded at sunrise. At about 10:30am I went outside and started planting the flowers in pots on the deck and pruning back bushes around the yard. Three hours passed. I was sure it was more like one.

It's been such a long time since I've worked in a garden. Since we moved in I've done the smallest amount possible to keep things alive. Mostly I made sure the lawn didn't entirely die. And now I see we have some Orange Asiatic Lilies and some white daisies popping up. It's very cool.

I include as many names of flowers here as I can because I'm historically hopeless about plant names. Maybe this will help me remember.

It's a whole new season. Let's see how long I can keep these little guys healthy.

No comments: