Monday, April 16, 2012

News to share

I have a couple of exciting things to share this morning. The first item might be old news if you follow me on other social media sites, but I had a flash fiction piece published recently at 10Flash Quarterly and I realized I never mentioned it on the blog.

The story is called Taking the Wind and you can read it for free online. It's about Kaua'i and angels and 997 words long.

All the stories in this issue, which also happens to be their last issue, were written around the line, "The falls are beautiful this time of year." I encourage you to check out all the 10Flash stories. They're very good.

My second item of news is that I recorded a story over at Every Day Fiction for author J. Chris Lawrence. This excellent creepy story is called The Widow's Tale and was nominated for the Pushcart Prize in 2011.

Listen to the podcast here.

If you check it out please give it a star rating. Ratings help a story get better exposure.

This marks my second podcast for Every Day Fiction. My first was for my own short story, Eau de Public Transit (click here to listen and vote). The first was sort of a test to see if I could do it...and guess what? Totally doable.

The podcasts are just for fun, but I plan to make more so I can share these talented EDF authors with a wider audience who might prefer to play or download an mp3 of the story. That's the goal anyway.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Twist said...

Congratulations on the 10Flash story. I am really saddened that it's shutting down. It was my favourite place to go for reading flash.

Great news about the podcasting, too. Can't wait to listen.

A-Z @ Elizabeth Twist

Anonymous said...

Read, listened, and voted -- great job on the narration!

Folly Blaine said...

Elizabeth: Thanks! I'm also sad it's shutting down, but if it gives the editors more time to write their own stories then it's a good thing. K.C. Ball's recent story collection is awesome.

Milo: Thank you! If you'd like me to narrate one of your EDF stories, just let me know. I am making a list of ones I'd like to tackle in the future.