Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pictures from Norwescon 35

Unlike the World Horror Convention, I actually unsheathed my Nikon for Norwescon 35. Here are a few of the photos with very little context:


Artist Guest of Honor, John Picacio, is interviewed during the opening ceremonies.


(On right) My fellow writing group member, author Tim McDaniel, talks about overcoming writer's block on a panel.


Author Caren Gussoff before her reading.


Clinton J Boomer, James L. Sutter, Erik Scott de Bie, and Dustin J. Gross on Moral Ambiguity in Gaming panel.


Author Cat Rambo during her reading of a story recently published in Apex.


Author K.C. Ball signs a copy of her short story collection.


Andrew Williams as a dark elf.


Jay Lake and Gordon Van Gelder on the "Breaking In" panel, Friday, April 6, 2012. (I know the color is oversaturated, but I just liked it this way.)


Fellow writing group member, Janka, attacks a knight during a weapons demonstration.


Members of Writers Cramp eat Thai food during a break from Norwescon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these! Wow -- Cat, KC, and Jay in the flesh? Very cool.

Folly Blaine said...

Yeah, it was my first Norwescon and I was amazed at how many people I knew or recognized. I didn't take a picture, but one of the highlights was a two-hour workshop taught by J.A. Pitts, where he answered all sorts of questions on the writing life. It was a great con.