Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Registered for ArmadilloCon in July

I've signed up for a couple of things since we last spoke, most recently ArmadilloCon, which takes place July 27-29th in Austin, TX. Months ago I decided not to sign up for this con until I heard about Clarion, but since I don't expect to hear on the waiting list it's time to make new plans. Next I need to get a manuscript together to claim a spot in the ArmadilloCon Writers' Workshop. The lineup looks fantastic.

Since I finished that 8k word story in December I've written mostly flash fiction. There was one dark fantasy story that went completely off the rails. I keep coming back to it, but it's still broken. I recognize the need to write longer and give the reader more of a chance to invest in the story. At the same time, if I can crank out a bunch of flash fiction then I don't want to throttle that urge either.

That's the thing about writing. If you try hard enough you can make yourself feel insecure about anything.

I suppose that's true about life in general.

I've also volunteered to help out at Every Day Fiction with their podcasts. Podcasts in this case are mp3 recordings of published EDF stories. I've recorded two so far and am starting a third. It's fun.

No comments: