Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Cat Sleeps

I am typing on my laptop at the kitchen table, slumped down with my legs on another chair, ankles crossed. It's not all that comfortable, but our black cat, Niviane, has chosen my chest as a good place to sleep. And I'm a sucker for a sleeping cat.

With my doctor leaving, I've sort of freaked out about health again. This is not bad because it means I'm more mindful of what I eat and how I exercise. On my doctor's recommendation, I've scheduled an appointment with a nutritional counselor and I've also made an appointment with a trainer at the gym to go over some of the machines. It's a new gym I'm trying out, farther than my current gym, but cheap. Plus I know someone else who is a member and likes it.

I made a big pot of lentil soup for dinner last night, and I've been picking up new fruits at the grocery store to try. My latest find was a Cara Cara, which is basically a navel orange with sweeter flavor and more reddish flesh than a regular orange. I really liked it.

On the writing front, besides a couple of short story submissions this month, I've mostly been revising a couple of pieces. One of them I submitted yesterday, and the other is still coming along. I changed the main character's motivation to be more sympathetic, and that has sent out ripples that need to be smoothed out.

No comments: