Sunday, August 15, 2004

Bahs-ton

I made it. I type this in a hotel room after surviving the plane, the car rental, and the grocery store.

It's a nice hotel room, spacious. There's a big bed and a full size refrigerator. I'm watching Monk, because it helps my headache. See I decided that since I had a window seat, I couldn't get up, not even to heed the call of nature. So I just didn't drink anything all day. Running across the terminal with a heavy bag on several occasions makes for a sweaty head-achey Christy.

I'm concerned that I don't know how to get back to the car rental place ... but that's a problem for another day now isn't it?

Did I mention internet access? Pretty sweet.

Somewhere out there in the big wild night I'm assured there are thunderstorms -- nasty, juicy devils. My coworker is still out there, waiting on a runway somewhere, or so I like to imagine. He text messaged me to say we'll meet tomorrow instead of tonight. And once I arrived, did I just sit back and watch tv? Hell no. I started up the car -- a Ford Escape, the largest car I've ever driven -- and found the grocery store. I bought muffins and strawberry milk, hot pockets, diet dr. pepper, blueberries, and cool whip, because I deserve it. And a couple bananas, because a girl has got to be healthy when she's on the road.

No comments: