Wednesday, December 22, 2004

No Creature was Stirring...

The waiting is the worst part. I rather wish I hadn't remembered what the endocrinologist said, especially since the force of the recollection jolted me awake shortly before two a.m. (about 15 minutes ago).

"If you experience flu-like symptoms, go to urgent care."

Fuck.

In all probability it's nothing. There was a coughing child sitting behind us at the theatre on Sunday. I got sick after. That's a strong correlation, right? I'm sure it's nothing. However I can't start my Christmas fun until someone in a white coat checks my white blood cell count. I couldn't even begin to have fun until that happens, which is a shame because it's going to be a long day.

Urgent care opens at 8am. Even if I get in line at 7:30, that's still over five hours away. Five hours of tossing and turning and shallow dreaming, distantly conscious of the cough drop melting in my throat.

Again, I'm sure it's nothing. Just a sore throat and some coughing. Fucking flu-like symptoms. So much for an early start...

No comments: