Sunday, May 30, 2010

Joining our Thin Mint family room and Lemon Library

On Friday, we painted our hallway orange. Oh yes we did.

The actual color is Benjamin Moore's Tangerine Melt. And it isn't the whole hallway, it's the back wall. It looks good but I won't lie. Going from stark white to dark orange is still a shock. I'm excited to see it all once the art is up and furniture back in place.

Speaking of art, Overstock.com is having a 10% off sale this weekend and I'm taking advantage of it. I've never owned an oil painting before. Let's see what the O can do for me.

The windowsill herb garden is doing well. The cilantro and parsley are kicking ass. Oregano was the first to come up and has the slowest growth. The chives are non-existent. And that's my micro garden update.

We bought a few color samples of various shades of cream for the wall opposite the orange. My decoration inspiration is the witch's house from Hansel and Gretel, and I'm starting with a creamsicle hallway. Mwahahahaha.

No comments: