Monday, October 03, 2011

New story in progress

I started a new short story yesterday and I've written about 1,300 words so far. I'm not sure how long it'll end up. Maybe 3,000-3,500 words? I'm just focusing on having fun with this one. No planning. I've been thinking too much and losing some of the spontaneity.

I'll turn thinking back on for the second draft.

Another experiment, eh? Whatever works.

I've received some really nice feedback on my newest flash fiction piece, "The Truth About Woodpeckers." I'm happy people are finding it entertaining.

Integration of the cats is slow going. For limited periods of time they are willing to stay in the same room together. We are still separating them at night and for meals. I don't expect that will change anytime soon. Baby steps.

No comments: