Tuesday, February 05, 2013

My reading over the weekend

Over the weekend I went to the combined Potlatch/Foolscap Convention in Redmond, WA. On Saturday night, I had a 25-minute reading slot and read two pieces of flash fiction and a poem. My friend, Janka, recorded the reading using my cell phone and I've posted the first bit at YouTube, in which I read "How I Learned to Love My Clones:"


If the embedded video fails to load, click here to watch.

The turnout was great. Here's a shot of my patient and photogenic audience:


Overall Potlatch/Foolscap was an excellent experience--not just because of the reading--but because of the conversations with fellow fans of science-fiction. I'm relatively new to the genre and people have been extremely kind helping me figure out where I should start. I always come away from these things with loads of new items on my to-read list, and a pile of new books to dive into.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

This would have made FoolsCap worth it, fo' shizzle. C'est la vie. I will be at your next reading. I'm glad you had a good turnout, too! The reading I went to at my first FoolsCap consisted of three and 1/2 people. Including the author and her publisher. Not great.