Wednesday, September 22, 2004

The Last Thing I'll Do Before I Go to Bed

So the doctor stuck a needle in my arm and collected blood in three vials. I watched him label each one slowly, as he spoke to me. He showed me an illustration of my insides. I made an appointment to have a chest x-ray and an abdominal ultrasound on Friday morning. Now that the pain is gone, I feel like a fraud. However. This isn't the first time random pains have ruined an otherwise fine weekend, and if these x-rays find anything that's curable, I'll be a happy camper.

My new doctor actually talked to me. He sat me down and had a conversation. My last doctor never insisted on a blood test. He wrote all sorts of prescriptions for me, and diagnosed all sorts of diseases without ever examining me. I thought it was strange, but I figured, he's my primary care physician, yeah? What can I do?

The new doctor's office is across from the bird refuge. The vibe is country doctor. That makes me happy.

Although... he's got one of those little fountain statue things in the waiting room which didn't help my bladder after two sodas and a liter of water. Later, when he was pressing in the vicinity of my bladder asking if it hurt I said, "Well, no, but you're making me have to pee." Classic Christy.

No comments: