Friday, September 24, 2004

Stupendiforous Sonogram! X-citing X-Rays! Undress and Put This On! Oh my!

My computer crashes the same time everyday, which is about now, so I'll have to make this fast, cut it short, and suck it up.

I had a gooey sonogram this morning, but then I'm ahead of myself. First, I changed in the dressing room into a backless gown -- all the rage, dahling -- and then stood my chest in front of an x-ray machine. Then I changed back into civilian clothes and read informational literature in the waiting area. Then they called me upstairs, I changed into yet another stylish gown, and met Alice the I'll-be-doing-your-ultrasound-today Radiologist. I climbed on the table, she draped a sheet over my legs, lifted the gown, then squirted gel on my abdominal region. She asked me to breathe, hold it, then pressed her special wand around my rib cage and my stomach. She's my own personal Radiology fairy -- only instead of wishes, I get to expose my backside. This went on for forever, or twenty minutes, whichever comes first.

I'll get the results next Wednesday. As for my blood test, the lab results say I've got an overactive thyroid. Ha! I prefer the term "precocious" or "gifted" to "overactive." (So I've finally received concrete validation by medical professionals that I'm special.) More tests have been ordered by Dr. K-- to confirm the confirmations. But I'm pretty confident I deserve lots of ice cream whatever happens.

No comments: