Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Shoulda, Coulda, Lazy

I'm a messy, lazy person. I think I should budget my time like I do my money and leave emotion out of it. Every morning I should wake before dawn and run 5 miles. I should shower, make complicated breakfasts, and go into work early. At lunch I should go to the gym. At 5 or 6 when I leave work, I should cook pot roasts and meat loaves and volunteer to make the world a better place. I should write a book or at least a collection of short stories. I should market my work. You don't have to be the best, I say, just the most persistent. I should go to bed early to dreams and record my thoughts in a big, leather bound journal. I should only say nice things and think wholesome thoughts and never flip people the bird when they cut me off. And I shouldn't tease my cat and make him bite me. That's just asking for it. Oh, and I should clean more. And I should probably throw up after I eat just to be sure. And I should read more. And probably go back to school and learn languages. I should write letters and reply to the nice people who e-mail me. I should also wash my car. And water the plants. And quit drinking Dr. Pepper and wine and beer. And never listen to cheesy musicals or NSYNC's "Dirty Pop." Because it's just not a good song. Toe-tapping fun does not a good song make.

I've got a new video game obsession. It's called "Syberia" and it came out a few years ago. It wasn't until a week ago that I had a computer nice enough to play it. So I'm making up for lost time.

I wrote two more pages of "The Science of the Balance of Ultimate Power." I changed the main character's name again. And Final Draft crashed again. But I didn't lose much. Here's a line from it: "Don’t worry Gabby, you got your smarts from me and your real daddy."

Good night world!

No comments: