Friday, April 29, 2005

For the Record

"These are private words addressed to you in public."
T.S. Eliot - A Dedication to My Wife
I don't want to say the same old thing. I don't want to be nutty or sentimental, or expose my tender underbelly to the world wide web. But I want to carve something here, something like initials between an ampersand, surrounded by a sloppy heart. Something that'll mark the occasion, make it a blue-ribbon moment, a round of drinks on me...

But I can't think of anything.

So I'll say it with numbers.

100's of hours of Diablo, NeverWinter Nights, and World of Warcraft, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, 1 more payment on your car, 2 cats, 1 bird, some fish, Monterey, Paso Robles, Bass Lake, Seattle, a Santana cover band, Metallica, 6 jobs, 2 schools, a gazillion computers, 15 dogs, 2 apartments, 24 U-Haul boxes, a few speeding tickets, 1 flat tire, and no foot-longs.

Happy five years, Jeremy. You've been a real good sport.

No comments: