Monday, June 27, 2005

On a Break

I'm taking a break from Warcraft. I had a falling out with some of the members of my guild, and realized I'm taking it too seriously. I've got better things to do than police fights between fifteen-year old boys in an online game. At least I hope I've got better things to do.

It's not easy though. I barely survived yesterday. It required a lot of television viewing to see me through the tough times. And two artichokes. But the artichokes aren't important. What's important is it's been 24 hours since I last logged in, and I may or may not have the shakes.

I'm surprised the media hasn't gotten hold of how addictive this game is, and how our already troubled youth are succumbing to the dangers of online play. Seriously, you sit down to play and, without being aware, six hours pass. And what do you have to show for it? A sore butt, blood-shot eyes, and a knack for killing quillboars... Sign me up!

On the bright side I added some numbers together, and if I get laid off at the end of July or later, I'll be okay financially until 2006. We won't be living the high life or anything, but we also won't go into debt trying to pay our bills. I feel better already.

No comments: