Monday, January 02, 2006

G'Day

I'm sitting here, waiting to leave. We're meeting friends at 11:30am to go wine tasting, but first we have to find our friend's place in Queen Anne. I'm not in a great mood to drink, so I hope wherever we end up has a nice gift shop or maybe garlic fries. I'd settle for garlic fries.

Our New Year's Eve was uneventful. I fell asleep at 10:45pm and woke shortly after midnight. I missed the fireworks off the Space Needle, but I didn't miss the traffic jam outside of our apartment. Apparently our "front yard" provides a prime and popular view of the explosives. Also, immediately following the fireworks, high school boys stood in the street, hooting and hollering as they stopped cars and pretended to direct traffic. I was glad to be cozy and warm inside, and not stuck in high school boy traffic. Because I am no fun at all.

Due to too many glasses of bourbon, white russians, and beer, my head is a wee bit cottony this morning. No better way to start day two of the New Year than with the ghost of a hangover.

I watched the Rose Parade on television this morning because Jer's grandmother worked on one of the floats. I don't normally watch these things, but I guess Pasadena doesn't usually have rain on float days. Man, the decorative seeds were washing off some of the floats. It was heartbreaking to think how much time and energy went into these things, and then see them destroyed in front of your eyes. Some of the marching band uniforms, there colors started to run! It was anarchy. Or maybe just very very wet. I get those words confused.

No comments: