Thursday, January 05, 2006

My Vegetable Bowl Matches My Tea Kettle

I now have a complete set of Pfaltzgraff Monaco dishes. This is a feat because the pattern was discontinued June 2004, but I persevered and now I can have a proper dinner party -- if I were the sort to throw dinner parties. Ah, luxury... People who I only sort of know, please come over and eat the delicacies that I have prepared because the dishes match. See how they match? Oh, you are so jealous with the matching.

The wine tasting went well. We bought several bottles at the Columbia Winery in lovely Woodinville, WA. I liked their Red Willow Sangiovese the best. Then we ate at Dairy Queen. My buffalo chicken strips were superb and the Chocolate Extreme Blizzard was a delight to the senses. We left satiated and full of good cheer, plus grease.

I love the sound the rain makes. I'm at my desk, a cat in my lap, and all the computers humming their toneless tune. Life is good, with the mild exception of the cat's stank breath.

That's right. I said stank.

I'm slowly trying to set some fitness goals, but it isn't easy. Turns out I'm incredibly lazy and not inclined towards athleticism at all. I mean, not at all. Like, not even a little. But that's the fun, I guess. Lots of pain, sleep deprivation, and constant crankiness in exchange for a waist.

There's a possibility that Jer and I will soon be spending a weekend in Portland. Why? Because we can. And also? Because the dishes match.

Only not at all.

No comments: