Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I like how the highlights turned out. They're a warm gold.

I have an urge to get back to writing the southern play, which is a good sign. I'm listening to the Eels again. And thinking about persistence. And Sisyphus. I like photography because you can freeze a moment and absorb it entirely, unlike life which never stops never gives you a chance to breathe. I remember lying in the grass and watching the clouds pass by, convincing myself I could feel the world tremble and turn beneath me. My grandfather told me I was silly. It's just the wind that makes the clouds go and swirl and reform, not the planet spinning. You can't feel that, he said. So I'd press my back firm into the earth and maybe I felt the worms grinding their bodies into the soil and it wasn't the planet spinning at all. But I swear it moved.

No comments: