Tuesday, January 30, 2007

just what is that shiny ball in the sky?

I'm drinking a zipfizz in hopes that I'll magically wake up. More than anything though, I want to go back to bed. I don't even care if I dream, I just want to close my eyes and pull the covers over my head. It's lunchtime and it's a beautiful sunny day, blue skies, chilly, but clear. I should go for a walk, but I'm afraid I'll be tempted to buy something.

I worked most of Saturday, and cooked all day Sunday. I made a spicy tomato soup (my first soup from scratch ever and boy was it tasty), a crock pot full of beans and turkey kielbasa, and a complicated salad involving red onions, celery, water chestnuts, peas, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, and cheese.

I should probably mention that Jer is between jobs right now and enjoying his severance package as well as the Burning Crusade. If you happen to know of any open SysAdmin type jobs in the Seattle area, please let me know. I'd be much obliged.

The only thing truly keeping me sane is how much I love living here. Every morning on the bus I watch the sun rise (or not rise) over the Duwamish, on clear mornings you can see Mount Rainier in silhouette, and the lights of industy glittering up and down the river in a pink haze... makes me wish I was a painter but I'm not, I'm not even sure my camera could capture it properly... That's what I see on the right side of the bus, the left side is the city, all the buildings clustered together against the clouds, past the train tracks and the viaduct... or the shipping yards with their huge ships in dry dock. In the distance, the Cascades, snow capped and obscured by clouds, always clouds.

I'm sort of wallowing in my own negativity right now, and I'm trying not to take it out on anybody else, but you know, I'm not perfect. Air is heavier than normal, steps are slower, colors damper. I carry the fog with me, like a pair of gloves or a hat. But like all fog and inclement weather, it's sure to pass if I wait it out. Or self-medicate.

Honestly I think it's the blue sky that's doing this to me. It's way too bright outside. And I don't trust it.

No comments: