Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sugarcomb Salon, Rhonda Porter, and a question

Saturday (which I just spelled Satyrday on first type) was delicious. At 10am I saw my hair stylist, Sean, at Sugarcomb Salon for highlights. They are sort of caramely, golden things, which are awesome. I've been seeing him for 2 1/2 or 3 years now and yes, I recommend him. He recently opened his own salon by Green Lake, a couple of blocks from Beth's Cafe, if you know it. Very cute place, light, and open.

At 1pm, Jeremy and I met with Rhonda Porter and we signed some mortgage paperwork to kick off our very big debt. She patiently answered my questions about the Good Faith Estimate and walked us through what we were signing. She has continually made our mortgage process easier and has been a pleasure to work with. As I've mentioned here before, I highly recommend her.

If you need a mortgage, go with the person, not the rate. Rates change constantly, ethics shouldn't.

Then we stopped at the market and bought two kinds of cheese, two kinds of salami and crackers. We picked out a brie-like one, Fromage d'Affinois and then I threw in a Brillat Savarin Truffle. I am now fully committed to the opinion that truffles make everything better.

The salami we chose was Molinari Hot Salami and Finnochiona Salumi Salami. The Molinari didn't have as much flavor as I would've liked. It was also cut thinly and felt overly greasy. The Salumi salami is excellent. (I am eating it now, for scientific purposes) Some of the listed ingredients are spice, salt, and garlic, and yep, you can taste it. It also features nice, sturdy slices. Well done.

When we got home there was a message from our Redfin agent. The seller has agreed to fix everything we listed on our home inspection report. That gets a YAY.

Overall it was a big week for home stuff. We had our inspection done (with sewer scope), locked in a great rate, and paid the earnest money (about 2% of the sale price). Next I'll need to figure out homeowners insurance. I'm currently shopping around and open to suggestions or warnings. I plan to switch auto insurance to whoever we go with and would like to have the option to set up term life with the same company as well.

Do you have anybody we should look at?

3 comments:

Maya said...

Highlights? Cheese and salami? A new house? Sounds like a great weekend to me!!

Folly Blaine said...

No complaints here! :)

KikiRiki said...

We have our House & Car insured through Dennis Ellard and Allstate. He's a friend of Chris's from College and a great agent to work with. Even when I switched Auto insurance because they couldn't beat other quotes I had gotten, the following year when they could beat the quotes he got back in touch with, explained all of the changes and I happily switched back. I'd recommend him for sure:
http://allstateagencies.com/dennisellard/Welcome/