Sunday, May 03, 2009

New Orleans

We're back. It's 8pm and I've been up since 2:30am, so I'm not going to last long. First, I want to thank everyone who provided me with suggestions. It was very much appreciated. We didn't have nearly enough time to do it all, but we made a dent.

I would like to talk about the details more later, but at a high overview... the weather was warm and humid, but not too bad. Most of the days it was actually comfortable. We walked over to d.b.a. for beers the first night and Cafe du Monde for beignets. There were twenty-five cent martinis at Commander's Palace with my sister and her boyfriend, dinner at K-Paul's, muffaletas at Central Grocery, live jazz with Jeremy Davenport at the Ritz-Carlton, fantastic Bloody Mary's at Pere Antoine, walking down Bourbon Street with a House Special (3 types of booze mixed together in a styrofoam cup), visiting a couple of cemeteries, the Carousel Bar at Hotel Monteleone, a catfish po-boy at a neighborhood bar called Parasol's, lots of Abita beer, and fried chicken with Crowder Peas at the Praline Connection...

This trip was all about eating and drinking. And it was fantastic. I'll be posting some photos over at www.onfocusphoto.com/blog as I get them sorted out.

And a special thanks to C Ro for watching the cats! :)

2 comments:

George said...

I think I need a Tums....

Folly Blaine said...

Oddly enough the only time I felt heartburn was after consuming the in-flight Chicken Enchilada Wrap.

I just had to know how it tasted. I had to know!