Tuesday, June 09, 2009

When I obsess, I obsess

Look at me. Addicted to HGTV. I keep a laptop on the coffee table in front of the TV, and as I watch I search for keywords like "Hardiplank," "fiber cement siding," "waterproofing crawl space."

I am so ready to get on with the next phase. Well, skipping the packing and transport of boxes phase, I am ready for the living in a house phase.

I'll miss this view, fer sure. The sun is out today, no jackets needed, beautiful blue water and sky. I do get a kick out of eavesdropping on certain conversations on the water taxi. They point out the complex I live in and wonder aloud how expensive it must be to live there. At least once a week I hear someone say that and every time I smile to myself and think, not so expensive. You just have to be willing to rent.

I'm not rubbing it in. I'm just pointing out that what you think is beyond your reach might be completely reachable. Don't talk yourselves out of it, strangers on the boat.

1 comment:

Dan said...

When I develop the HGTV patch to help kick the habit of that channel, I'll get you one right after my mom. She loves her some HGTV.