Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Good morning, crazy city

Snow arrived in Seattle yesterday, unannounced and fancy free. My commute was not as bad as some. For example, I only waited a half hour on the street for a bus to take me downtown, it only took an hour to go the 10 miles home, and my car only slid once on a straightaway. All in all, I'll live.

Now I hear some folks were trapped in their cars for 10 hours or on the bus for 12. I am not a fan of this. So today, with no city plans to plow side streets and the weather still freezing, I am working from home. The sun is shining, the sky is blue, and there are several inches of powdery snow on the ground. We'll make this work.

Seattle, you are not always what I expected. I like that you keep it interesting.

I stopped at the grocery store and bought some overpriced firewood in case power goes out, and a frozen pizza. So we won't freeze and we won't starve. All that's left is to enjoy the view. And drink a pot of coffee.

Caffeine injection in 3...2...1...

2 comments:

Lily said...

Hopefully the power doesn't go out before you get the pizza cooked.

Folly Blaine said...

Oh, no! A flaw in my plan. Curses!

Or maybe I cooked it last night and withheld that information from the narrative. Mwahahahaha!