Wednesday, November 17, 2010

In my head again

A lot of things are changing right now and I'm not sure what the landscape will look like when it's over.

I have my health, my house, my husband, friends and family. I've lost over 16 pounds since August 3, and have been to the gym 12 times in the last 13 days. (One day off for recovery)

I feel stronger than I've felt in a long time and I'm letting the momentum of small successes propel me forward. If you'll excuse the metaphors... it feels as if there's a tiny spark inside (nothing to do with being pregnant) that wants to take over. I just have to add fuel until it catches.

I have no idea what 2011 will bring, but that's the fun isn't it? Not knowing opens the door for hope. And as Emily Dickinson wrote, "Hope is the thing with feathers."

No comments: