Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Snowed in, sort of

I've been playing at domesticity lately, especially in light of the snow trapping us in the house.

Technically "trapped" is hyperbole. It's only a couple of inches. But hey, it's like really cold on my feet.

I baked a frozen pizza -- don't hate, I had to use the oven and everything. I boiled spaghetti AND heated up sauce. Phew. And tonight? I made pumpkin pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon. It doesn't get any better than that. I should have one of those cooking shows, right?

I nearly forgot the brown rice and Tasty Bite we had for lunch. This is the dawn of a new age. I should buy my own set of knives and get my mise en place together.

Outside is still afflicted by snow, which is pretty but leaves me confused. Why does its presence cripple Seattle? Why does it destroy all ability to go from point A to B? Riddle me this Emerald City. How does the rest of the world manage to cope?

The news says "Possible Icy Roads Tomorrow." If you'll excuse me, I will interrupt this post to resume my life of fear. Ta.

No comments: