Thursday, March 29, 2012

Arriving in Salt Lake City

Hello from Salt Lake City! I am in my hotel room, enjoying the free wireless and thinking about making myself a cup of coffee. I am also working on a short story that I plan to finish by Saturday. (If I say it enough times maybe it will come true.)

The trip here was fairly uneventful. Jer dropped me off at one of the Seattle transit tunnels and I rode to the airport on the Light Rail for $2.75. A nice trip--and cheaper than crossing the 520 bridge at rush hour, locals amirite? As for flying, I was on small planes--propellers were involved--so there was some turbulence and some smooshing of bags. (Not a euphemism.) There was a problem with pressurizing the cabin so the pilot had to fly low in the clouds and they canceled our beverage service after offering us free beer. I am still traumatized.

I changed planes in Boise and my new flight was delayed. So I ordered a couple of beers to make up for the one I was promised and played on the internet.

Skipping ahead, when the airport shuttle dropped me off at my hotel, there was a hearse out front with a crazy mannequin thing in the passenger seat. I had arrived at World Horror Con 2012, baby!

For dinner I walked a block in the rain to Crown Burger and ate a burger with pastrami. Then I slept. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet downstairs and now I am trying to finish this damned story. Con stuff doesn't seem to start until closer to 3, so I should be good for a while.

So far I have talked to no live humans except through Twitter, but I'm sure they're out there. I am all geared up for tonight and excited. Assuming I finish a draft of this damn story.

No comments: