Tuesday, May 22, 2012

New podcast, new acceptance, and Community

I have a new podcast up at EveryDayFiction.com. This week I'm reading The Hurt Club by James Van Pelt. It's a great story and the first time I've used a Snowball mic. The sound quality is amazing.

I also heard yesterday I'll have a literary-ish piece in the July issue of Short, Fast, and Deadly. They accept prose less than 420 characters (about 75 words) that fits a particular theme. July's theme is "work that steals at least one line from a William Carlos Williams poem and incorporates at least one fruit."

My piece is called "The Pragmatic Groom," and it's actually the first non-speculative fiction piece I'll have published.

In other news, Jer and I have started watching Community from the pilot episode and we're loving this show. I think what turned me off in the past was watching the episodes out of order--I could never figure out where they were in a character's arc. Now it makes perfect sense and is hilarious to boot.

Too bad about creator Dan Harmon's forced exit from the show. It'll be interesting to see what happens with season four.

No comments: