Monday, May 24, 2004

Curiosity Killed the Cat

I've got one less page to reload daily, one more rejection e-mail to add to the folder. That's Monday for ya.

But you know, < Participant >, this year we received a number of acceptable entries. And while we recognize the difficulty you have in this field -- times being and you being what you are -- we hope you'll reconsider our contest in the future -- once you find your niche. Until then < Participant > thanks for your entry fee.

Back to the drawing board!

Though, in truth, it's not really a drawing board. It's a messy wooden desk with an oversized monitor on it. And on that monitor, a cat. And on that cat, super sharp claws. And on those claws, my arm blood.

Rum and coke time!

BF is in the other room, applying for Seattle jobs. I'm listening to catchy pop music, because I'm a radio whore, and washing a load of darks. Not at the same time, of course. I'm not a contortionist! Not even a little.

You know what this room needs?

More paragraphs!

Saw a snake last night at the park. Almost stepped on it. I don't know what kind it was, except for brown. And long. And thick around the middle. I turned tail and ran. Now I'm here. And I'm not even going to make a joke about it. The end.

No comments: