Tuesday, May 04, 2004

The Heat is On!

When my eyes dilated to big black saucers yesterday I felt like Homer Simpson, "I'm not not licking toads!"

On the morrow we'll be driving to Bass Lake in the vicinity of Yosemite. I don't know what to expect but just in case I'll pack a swimsuit, hiking shoes, trekking poles, nylons, and deodorant. Only four of these things are true.

A swarm of bees just passed over my office. That's something you don't see every day. I was looking outside at all these bugs about two hundred feet away, flying over the bike racks, and then bzzzz they passed overhead in a disorganized typhoon. It was so very biblical.

Time passes ...

When there are things to do, like pack, my brain decides it's sleepy time. Doesn't help that it's warm, not even full strength Dr. Pepper can fight against such a somnolent and soporific lure ...

Now that I'm officially on vacation, I don't officially have to do anything. But I feel guilty if I don't write. So I'll be resorting to longhand for a few days - so what, it won't kill me. So I can't physically write fast enough to keep up with my swirling negativity, I mean awesome cognitive capacity.

I better go do things now. Or I'm gonna be sorry. TTFN.

No comments: