Friday, May 14, 2004

I Only Like Surprises I Suspect

This is in my head..

Last night BF and I walked from the duplex up the back way into a beautiful multi-tiered park. This is about a mile from the ocean. I'd only been on the lower levels before not realizing there was more, but BF convinced me to walk up an asphalt lane to the next level. We found a veterans' memorial along a nicely landscaped path, several grassy nooks, lots of lizards, and a Wells Fargo Amphitheatre. As far as surprises go, I don't think it could get any better. During our descent we saw the ocean and also observed a dog agility class and a softball game. It was just bizarre enough to work.

Tonight we walked downtown and visited the comic book store, which is a pretty good distance, walking about an hour at a fast clip round-trip. I kept looking around and saying, "We walked downtown! I can't believe it, do you know what this means? We're DOWNTOWN! We could walk home from BARS!"

For the weekend we're considering a hike up to Inspiration Point, 3.5 miles. Now this is a hike we've tried on several occasions, but never finished. Mostly because I have a problem with hills and stairs and exercise. I tell you what though, I've got mad endurance skills when it comes to good old-fashioned flat surfaces. And everything is flat when you tilt your head.

BF wants to have a Farscape marathon. (Did you catch all the nerd clues tonight? Comic books, Farscape, winded climbing stairs …) And maybe I'll comply, or maybe not. You can't pin me down.

I'm rewriting a short story which used to be called "Doll Face" and is now, "The Machine and Mr. Puppet." And that's the news thus far for "Operation: Short Story (What's It Gonna Hurt?)."

No comments: