Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Curiosity took the Cat for a Walk

I feel ennui. I am spent.

Since I got home from work I've been adding books to my new toy called Book Collection. I cannot express my devotion to this software in mere words. In the farthest reaches of cyberspace, picture me humming an impromptu tune of joy, spontaneously composing an aria of deep significance, and/or feverishly typing in ISBN's, molding category fields to fit my whim.

Soon the promised barcode scanner will alleviate the fever, but not the frenzy. The frenzy can only be defeated by a Paladin named Aribeth, a Spymaster named Aerin Gend, and two days of heavy drinking... so sayeth the prophecy.

We bought a harness and leash for the cat. We've been taking him for walks at night, or rather, we lure him outside with treats and then watch him sniff grass for twenty minutes. Unfortunately for you, Vash has decided he's camera shy, or I'd be inflicting a gallery of "Cat Walking' digital photos onto the broad back of the internet post-haste. (No, I don't want to capitalize it, Microsoft Word. I think capitalizing the internet is stupid and ... I am above the law!)

One week from today is my last day at work.

DDR ETA: 5 days.

Do you see why I'm employing blog avoidance techniques? There's a big flashing neon sign on my chest that says, "NERD." Hell, who needs a sign. I'm a human sandwich board and geek is what I'm selling.

In other news: I am choking on my own saliva -- as opposed to other people's saliva, which is clearly unhygienic. My homework for tonight: remember how to swallow.

No comments: