Saturday, July 10, 2004

Pie and Perky Music

I'm listening to my writing mp3 mix in an attempt to find aural inspiration. It's perky and peppy like my hair.

BF and I are going to a dinner party in a couple hours. I made a chocolate peanut butter pie for the occasion. It's light years easier to cook when the alternative is sitting down to write. I even washed the dishes.

Pages are due and I'm zoning out. Surprise!

UPS assures me that my DDR dance pad is on time. To be delivered Monday.

The words aren't fitting together correctly. My thoughts are two leaps ahead of what I'm trying to say. I have to step back, take a look, dive back in, make corrections, and then step back again. It's tedious. And I'm also trying to be funny which wipes out everything else. Is this line funnier than this other line? How sleazy can I make the villain? Will anybody get the semiotics line? No? Is it just me being pretentious or would the character say that? It's a day of second, triple, quadruple guessing. The end result is two pages. An over thought out seduction scene that may or may not be funny to anyone but me. And here's a tip Christy darling, whenever you use the word semiotic in a sentence, it will sound pretentious.

The pages are due in an hour. I guess I have to focus.

Shazam!

No comments: